Avulux absorbs up to 97% of the most harmful blue, amber, and red light while letting soothing green light through - keeping your eyes and brain calm and protected.
Independent studies have shown that by precisely filtering light, Avulux Migraine & Light Sensitivity lenses may help people living with migraine.
Avulux is the only migraine lens to ever be proven effective at the highest standard of clinical testing.
A team of physicians and engineers developed the advanced Avulux lens technology from the ground up.
Avulux was born from research to best benefit you.
Avulux lenses are optimized for efficacy while remaining color neutral, to maintain your quality of life.
& 100% UV Protection
No side effects.
No recurring costs.
Wear them indoors or outdoors.
Take command in style.
• Patented Avulux® lenses with antiscratch coating
• Spring hinges for comfort and durability
• Quality handmade frames
Helped tremendously with sensitivity to light, stopped migraines and really helped with vertigo. Only bad side was I had to get a MD note but not avulux fault at all. Worth the money and is also great for sunlight.
I suffered a severe brain trauma about 20 yrs ago, I have dealt with chronic severe migraines on an almost daily basis since then. My wife discovered Avulux as an option. I've had them for over a month and so far have had 2 migraines. This is an amazing alternative to all the different needs the doctors have tried over the years
Precious help. Fully satisfied
I don’t get migraines too often, but when I do, they start with blinding aura’s and end with severe light and sound sensitivity with moderate headache if I stay in a dark room and pop some excedryn. What I do have weekly/daily though is being on the brink of a migraine with the main culprit being reflections / bright light that could trigger the migraine.
Unfortunately the glasses don’t eliminate these problems so I still have to avoid looking at a reflecting window or talking to a person with a bright sunny window behind them, as that still could trigger an attack, like it did a while ago. I was wearing them all morning, looked outside at a tree against the bright sky and then bam the aura’s started. I was quite disappointed cause I had had them on so I felt like my armor just completely failed. I did take a Triptan though so haven’t yet experimented with tackling the migraine with only the glasses, as the aura’s are so debilitating for me.
But perhaps the glasses are more soothing tools than prevention tools.
I must admit my medication (Tylenol) intake has lowered quite a bit since I wear the glasses daily as I do feel ‘safer’ with them with me. They do soothe my eyes a bit with the reflections that don’t turn into attacks. But it still feels like a lottery.
- they’ve reduced my medication intake
- they make me feel safer having them around
- I literally had an attack with them on.
- during a migraine, they might help with light (the portable dark room slogan), but don’t eliminate sound sensitivity and accompanying disorientation / nausea, which still makes my migraine very unpleasant. I had hoped it would have somehow tackled the migraine as a whole through your eyes, and not only the light part.
- I think the build quality is quite poor for the money. Very thin plastic feeling frames (xyko), and plastic lenses with not a very durable coating. My ray bans are far thicker and stronger. You definitely notice avulux hasn’t been doing this as long as an established glasses company imo. Which doesn’t match the price however. Sadly the xyko model feels cheap to me.
- the lenses also definitely aren’t as sharp to see through as ray bans or Serengeti’s, Maui Jim’s etc.
- they do look very pinkish on your face.
- in bright daylight, a proper tinted darker sunglass version would be nice to have.
Thank you for your thorough review! Avulux lenses are made of polycarbonate and they absorb up to 97% of light at certain points in the spectrum. Because of their precise filtration, they are not exactly comparable to a sunglass lens. Avulux lenses are a precision optical filter and they may increase contrast when worn. They’re specifically made to manage light and those living with migraine may find that they help them reduce the impact of light on their lives. Our frames are made of lightweight acetate and premium spring hinges for comfort. If you’d like Avulux lenses in the frames of your choice, you can send in your frames and we’ll put Avulux lenses in them!
I am not a migraine sufferer, but I tried the Xyko glasses because of their exclusive light filtering properties. They did a good job of cutting down the glare that is giving me trouble at the computer during long periods in front of the screen, but I found that they cut out more light than I was comfortable with. I actually had to increase the brightness of my screen in order to use them. I’m sure that, if I suffered from light-triggered migraines, they would have been perfect for me. I realized that I was going to need prescription lenses to help with the computer, to correct the astigmatism that causes smaller type to break into very clear but illegible blobs, and that I would need more light of the right spectrum coming in to see properly.